LessonsMore in Free V.I.P section. Find out how here.
Joinery and Joints (C) K.Brown Framing Joint Worksheet (c) Timbertech
Really great lesson on Types of Joints and Joinery Methods. Visual and detailed, using accessible language. Content covered is the advantages and disadvantages of types of joinery, mechanical vs non-mechanical, the correct choice of joints for a purpose. Suitable for years 9-12. Excellent review material for the HSC.
Also included is an interactive review quiz.
- Examples of Knock Down Fittings
- Video demonstrations of how they work
- Advantages and Disadvantages for the Manufacturer and Consumer
This lesson covers several topics including:
- The Anatomy of a Living Tree
- Timber Conversion
- Timber Seasoning
- Timber Defects
- Linear meter Calculation of Costs
- Sheet material Calculation of Costs
Examines how Engineered and Manufactured timbers are used and produced produced including:
- Particle Board
- Medium Density Fibreboard
- High Density Fibreboard
- Laminated beams
A screw is not just a screw.
- Parts of a screw
- Head Types
- How to order screws